has anyone posted this yet? I love it!
This was perfect
We weren’t allowed to use Star Wars merchandise during the first series because The Phantom Menace was about to come out and they clamped down. When they saw how Star Wars-loving the first series was, they actually came to us and said we could have anything we want. By which time we were like, “We don’t fucking want it.” - Simon Pegg
This perfectly summarizes why I love the Simpsons and hate Family Guy.
I watched that episode with my family and I could just feel how uncomfortable everyone was. Honestly, it was a really jarring, unpleasant episode.
Homer is a terrible dad. So is Peter. But Homer’s saving grace has always been that he tries—he’s bad at it and he fucks it up a lot, but he loves his family and he wants to be better than he is.
One of my favorite Homer moments is in “Diatribe of a Mad Housewife.” Tl;dr Marge writes a steamy romance novel starring herself and Ned, and when Homer finds out, he chases down Ned and, rather than attack him, asks him to teach him how to be a better husband.
There’s some part of his stupid self that wants to do better.
I never got that impression with Peter. Instead, the family has gotten more and more abusive towards Meg. It’s really unsettling for me when I started realizing that’s what happens sometimes in abusive families. Abusers sometimes single out one child to abuse, and quite often the other family members take the abuser’s side. After all, it’s easier to side with an abuser than to run the risk of becoming the target yourself.
There’s never really a point where it seems like Peter cares at all that his shitty behavior impacts his family. It actually seems to have gotten worse over the years. He expects everyone to clean up his messes because that’s always what happens; there’s really no reason for him not to be shitty.
And it’s easy to see how Meg is affected. She doesn’t have much of a character, really, because so much her screen time is devoted to being abused. The bits of character development all seem to hinge on her being this sad, neglected person who’s trying her best but never really gets any help from anyone. Quite the opposite; there have been a lot of episodes where her family sabotages any attempts to be herself.
It can be easy to forget how awful this behavior is when the only context is the show itself (frankly, everyone on Family Guy is kind of terrible). Seeing it played against the Simpsons, who are a flawed and dysfunctional but ultimately loving family, was painful to watch.
Mother flipping THIS
Well that REALLY depends on where you’re located (I know this from personal experience). Universities and college campuses are a great place to start, believe it or not. You can walk into a facility and ask if they have any information on local facilities.
I have also done google searches… which yielded surprisingly good results for me (though it wouldn’t be my first suggestion).
You can try looking for kink aware professionals: https://ncsfreedom.org/key-programs/kink-aware-professionals/kap-program-page.html
or try any of these websites (assuming you are in the US):
And of course if this is an emergency please call 911 or your local emergency number.
I hope this helps <3 Feel free to reach out if you need something.
This is pretty important. In case the Anon missed it.
- Artist: Dany Orizio
- Card Name: Keeper of the Sacred Word
- Card Number: no 101
- Card Text: As Keeper of the Sacred Word comes into play, choose a word. Whenever an opponent says the chosen word, Keeper of the Sacred Word gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
- Community Rating: 4 to 4.99
- Converted Mana Cost: 3
- Expansion: Unhinged
- Flavor Text: This is not a subliminal message.
- Mana Cost: [Green]
- P⁄T: 2 ⁄ 3
- Rarity: Common
- Types: Creature — Human Druid
IM DOING THIS
Luka. Luka look. You could put your rocks on these.
Real talk guys. This is my nana, Jean Southern. I went around to hers to do what we usually do on Saturdays; drink tea, play Scrabble and talk about random shite. One time I showed her this image and I swear she damn near pissed herself and that’s the story of how I had a conversation with my nana about how she wished she called Daniel Radcliffe a cunt.
(Chandra Ablaze art by Steve Argyle)
- Chandra’s Ultimate (PW Comic)
- Fuel for the Fire - 1, 2, 3 (PW Comic)
- The Purifying Fire (Novel by Laura Resnick）
- Journey to the Eye - 1, 3 (PW Comic)
- Awakenings - 1, 2, 3 (PW Comic)
- 燃え尽きぬ炎 1, 2 (Manga, by Yoshino Himori / Yoshitaka Murayama)
- WORLDWAKE Player’s Guide (Fatpack)
- Zendikar: In the Teeth of Akoum（Novel by Robert B. Wintermute, only mentioned by Anowon）
- 2013 CORE SET Player’s Guide (Fatpack)
- Magic 2014—Duels of the Planeswalkers Trailer
- Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers (Video game)
- MAGIC 2015 CORE SET Player’s Guide (Fatpack)
- CHANDRA NALAAR - PLANESWALKERS
- Planeswalkers Minisite: Chandra Nalaar
- Planeswalkers Unmasked (Savor the Flavor, 24 Oct 2007 by Doug Beyer)
- Jace vs. Chandra (Feature Article, 3 Nov 2008 by Kenneth Nagle)
- Planeswalker Potpourri (Savor the Flavor, 19 May 2010 by Doug Beyer)
- The Eldrazi Arisen (Feature Article, 29 May 2010 by Doug Beyer)
- Planeswalker’s Guide to Return to Ravnica: Part 1 (Feature Article, 22 Aug 2012 by The Magic Creative Team)
- Checking in on the Planeswalkers (Feature, 17 Jun 2014 Doug Beyer)
The List of Planeswalker’s Lore Masterlist
This is the best ask I’ve ever gotten. You know what? Yes. Teysa suspects that every Golgari is actually a mutant turtle created by the Simic to have sentience.
Does that make Vraska a mutant ninja turtle?